Sunday, September 03, 2006

Coincidence or Conspiracy

During my time here I have been "subject" to a huge amount of imcompetence and I really am starting to take it all a bit personal here are some of the highlights:

The Fridge : I recently bought a fridge .. a very standard model it must be said, I paid extra to have it delivered .. when the boys turn up with it the top is mysteriously hanging off .. i had no choice but to take it as i couldn't keep any diary products fresh, after looking at it for a while i figured out how to clip it back on .. obiviously it was dropped or kicked or the boys in the ware house were playing rugby with it ...

The Ipod : I bought a nano about 2 months ago and have gone back twice with it, the weird thing is that no one even looks at them they just send them off and you get a new one from the service centre, after doing some research i found a way to test the battery and found that probably the very first ipod i had was actually working, the problem being one or two settings were draining the battery and turning them off solved the battery draining issue. I was sent to three different places at one point eventually coming full circle back to the shop i started in.

The Room : Chronicled in earlier blogs .. this was less incompetence more sheer bad luck to land there.

The Telephone : I was supposed to have a landline installed in my apartment i think it was in my lease agreement, during the week i got two texts saying some lad would be out between 1 and 5 on friday last, i spent 20 minutes on hold on the thursday trying to change the installation date but gave up deciding that i would just go home on the friday. Friday at 10.15 the guy calls to say he is outside my house, i had been expecting him in the afternoon but anyway i said i would be there in 1/2 an hour. I get home and call expecting him to be here, he seems not to know why i am calling but evetually said "i will come to your home" 2 and 1/2 hours later i ring him again pretty annoyed at this stage and he stays to me "but i did the installation and am at home" it turns out that the phone company gave him my number but an address in north sydney and after he had spoken to me (the first time) someone at the other address turned up and he presumed it was me. So i am left with no phone installed and three hours wasted.

The Agency: I am biased anyway having nothing but contempt for these people. My agent rang a while back me up to say i was being paid a couple of dollars extra per week and that my pay would have to be back dated, they do nothing for me except get paid for the work i do and they can't even get this most basic thing right. she rings up again at the start of the week to say there had been yet another error and that this back dating thing still hadn't been done (while i was moving into a new place i hadn't seen any pay slips).. basically this week half my wage was taken .. maybe to someone who hasn't had to deal with these employment agencies regularly they don't understand my feelings here .. my exclusively bad experiences with them in any country has truly set me against "them".

I just hope i make home for KM's wedding at this stage ..

1 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sean, I think you should soundtrack your experiences, first of all starting with a listen to Neil Young's 'Piece of Crap'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home